Welcome to AgSafe Advisory Services
A private Workplace Health and Safety Consultancy. Our aim is to help your business to meet your legislative obligations and provide a safe workplace for your employees. Particular expertise in farming operations, such as bananas, mangoes and melons.
Our services include:
YELLOW CARD - ONLINE PRE-EMPLOYMENT INDUCTION
Pre-employment compulsory WH&S induction that provides industry-specific information for banana, mango and melon farm workers. No cost to your business. Ask all new workers, backpackers and contractors to complete this online safety induction prior to commencement of work at your farm. www.aginduct.com.au
FARM HAZARD IDENTIFICATION AUDITS
- Full Farm Workplace Health and Safety Assessment
- Packing Shed Hazards
- Workshop Hazards
- Farm Plant/Equipment and Operations Hazards
A report is produced following these audits with a prioritised Action Plan for Implementation.
HAZARD / PLANT / RISK ASSESSMENT REGISTER
A vital document providing a summary of all farm hazards, the initial and subsequent risk assessments and scores, control techniques and review dates.
WORKPLACE HEALTH & SAFETY FOR SUPERVISORS
Provide Supervisors with an understanding of WH&S principles and techniques for implementing WH&S practices.
ACTION AUDIT AND RISK ASSESSMENT ITEMS
- Worker induction
- Provision of training
- Work Instructions, employee assessments and toolbox talks
- Hazardous Substance Risk Management
- Training tailored to specific workplace needs eg. Introduction to Chemical Use, Farm Plant Operations (tractor, bagging machine, 4 Wheel motorbike)
All AgSafe training involves the provision of Work Instructions, Employee Assessments and Toolbox Talks which are available for Employers and Supervisors to use as a reference tool at a later date.
INCIDENT / ACCIDENT INVESTIGATION AND REPORTING
Workplace incidents are investigated and analysed. Prevention strategies recommended. Provision of reports of incidents involving serious injury to the Division of Workplace Health & Safety (where required by legislation).
WORKPLACE HEALTH AND SAFETY COMMITTEE
A WH&S Committee allows for consultation with all levels of staff, which is an important risk management strategy. It involves the sharing of information and the exchange of views between employers, workers and their representatives.
- Formation of the WH&S Committee
- Production of the Committee Constitution/roles and responsibilities/briefing and election of committee members/organisation of Safety Representative training
Illustrated Company Newsletter providing employees with information about:
- Worker and Employer safety obligations
- New and existing risk controls at a workplace
- Safety updates
- Items of interest that directly affect their safety at work
- Other relevant work issues
Induction, Safety and Training DVD’s specific to the workplace
OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH AND SAFETY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
AgSafe Advisory Services will produce a Safety Manual which can be used as a reference tool and which also ensures that your organisation conforms to a number of WH&S criteria.
WORKPLACE REHABILITATION AND RETURN TO WORK COORDINATION
AgSafe staff are accredited Workplace Rehabilitation and Return to Work Coordinators and can assist growers with managing the rehabilitation of injured workers.